The RACE valve (4AN) offers unbeatable water/methanol injection CONTROL and most elegant integration options. Laser welded 4AN fittings and tiny size make packaging and integration simple. This part offers the highest performance in the entire industry. Unlike all other options on the market, RACE valves can be used optimally with many standard WMI controllers. They can be run at full 220psi pump pressure and at high cycle speeds with no limitations for usage time. Run them the rally way: HARD and ALL DAY.
Normally, WMI pumps are pulsewidth modulated to match flow rates to engine load. They're big and powerful. -also relatively slow to respond to input commands. This method is quite adequate for basic air cooling. Real engine management, however, requires far more speed and precision. Fuel injectors are FAST but typically work at only 43.5 - 58psi on the gauge. They are way too weak to take water/meth pressure (and most will rust solid after mere hours of use).
RACE valves are corrosion-resistant and deliver EFI control precision at 220psi. -amazing!
- Official max pressure: 220 psi
- Max flow rate: 600cc (at any pressure)
- Material: SS304 alloy for durability with 100% water or 100% methanol (or any blend)
- Thread type: 1/8 NPT (built-in/not extra cost)
- Position: normally closed
- Length (tip to tip): 80mm (3.25")
- Valve body diameter 15mm (0.60")
- Wire leads: 16 gauge
- Coil: 20.55W
- Average current draw: 1.5A at 13.7V
- Recommended Operating Frequency: 30 - 60Hz at 220psi
- Unlimited duty cycle
- Works with all controllers from Cortex EBC, Torqbyte, FrostByte, Snow Performance, Devils Own, plus all standalone ECUs.
- Officially recognized and supported by SIRHC Labs (Cortex EBC) and Tuner Nerd (FrostByte).
- AEM water/meth controllers are not compatible.
- Supplied with simple wiring harness
Crisp response requires short lines or direct connection to each nozzle holder. For multiple nozzle connections, USRT recomends small-diameter 3/16" (4.75mm) Teflon hose vs. the usual 1/4" Nylon hose (which is perfect for a main feed). This is very important. As is the number of valves used. One per cylinder is elite. The best balance of control vs. expense comes from a single valve per every two cylinders. However, one per three works adequately. (One per four cylinders typically results in a narrow but still very precise control range.)
Note: A full product line of custom fittings is now available to work with 4AN-version RACE valves.