Oil filter sandwich plates are advantageous for installing remote oil filter systems. Sandwich plates are installed between the engine block and the oil filter. Mocal's cast aluminum universal sandwich plate comes in all popular oil filter thread sizes allowing the user to plumb an oil cooler to any remote oil filter system in almost any engine.
This sandwich plate also has a built-in 180°F (82°C) thermostat which bypasses the oil cooler until the oil has reached its minimum operating temperature. When used in conjunction with an oil cooler, this results in quicker engine warm-ups and prevents oil viscosity loss in colder conditions.
Features and Benefits
- Universal fitment for popular oil filter thread sizes
- 180°F (82°C) built-in thermostat
- Constructed from cast aluminum
- 360 degrees rotation around the inner extension screw for optimal positioning of adapter fittings
- 2x female 1/2'' BSPP ports (usually paired with AN fittings sold separately)
- 1x Thermostatic oil filter sandwich plate
- 1x extended oil filter mount