Need a simple and dependable way to activate your direct port or pre-compressor water methanol injection system? Or, perhaps you'd like to turn on a second fuel pump only under high load?
Look no further. Our adjustable boost switches can be set to activate between 10 and 60psi range. Adjustments are made via a small 1/8" Allen screw recessed in the top of the switch. Switch comes with normally open contacts making it perfect for a variety of functions.
Example: A sophisticated water/methanol setup would use a nozzle after the intercooler for air temperature control, direct port for octane boost, and also single nozzle mounted in the turbo inlet spraying directly at the compressor nut.
The post-intercooler nozzle would be set to spray at the point that intake air temperature reduction is needed. -typically at low boost. Once into heavy boost, octane is needed to protect the engine. So, the Boost Trigga is set to activate the direct port solenoid. Lastly, the pre-turbo nozzle's solenoid is activated as the turbo reaches the end of its efficiency zone. This will be found at/just after the torque peak (i.e. typically once the manifold pressure begins to drop at higher rpms). With this control arrangement, fluid consumption is minimized, tuning is easier, and a turbocharger flows air more like a larger one while still spooling quickly.
- 1 adjustable boost switch
- 1 brass barbed fitting
- 4 hose clamps
- 2 .187" female electrical connectors
- 1 barbed tee fitting
- 2 ft of rubber hose
- Adjustable from 10 - 60 psi
- Normally open contacts
- Switch rated at 2 amps w/o relay
- Must be used with relay for high-draw devices (e.g. pumps)
- Best kept away from high heat (for consistent results)
- Connect Flow Control Solenoid positive/negative wires straight to battery
- Cut solenoid's ground wire
- Connect both of Boost Trigga's wires to solenoid's ground wire sections to run inline
- Adjust trigger setting (to a few psi before timing pull is expected, if solenoid controls octane flow)